Thursday, February 10, 2011

I’ve been on intravenous antibiotics for almost 3 weeks now. It’s pretty exhausting. The steroids I was on didn’t make me better and so intravenous antibiotics were my only option. I was well enough not to go into hospital but now at home I’m completely exhausted. Getting up at 9 and doing drugs and physio all day until 11pm is really tiring.

No words can express how devastating the past few days have been since the death of Anita while waiting for a transplant. I feel like I will break in two if I talk or write about it. We were born in the same year and she wanted to be a journalist. She would have made an incredible one.

I dropped a shampoo bottle on my foot two weeks ago and because of my osteophenia (bone thinning) it chipped my toe so I can’t really walk or run on it. I really wish I could run because it helps me handle things when I feel like I can’t.

I can’t wait to be finished iv’s but right now I just feel unwell and can’t decipher whether it’s just enormous grief or actually I’m exhausted because of infection. It takes so much longer to defeat them now and it takes so much patience.

My cat George lives with my parents because I don’t live on a ground floor apartment. I really miss him. Cats are good at times like this. Human’s generally aren’t. There are no words that work. Cats just sit there and keep you warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment