Thursday, June 25, 2009

Welcome

This blog is just somewhere to flesh out my thoughts, chit chat, exchange ideas and update about Salty Baby, my Memoir that`s coming out in August 2010.
Although it`s pretty impossible to talk about it right now. I`m watching Sky News right now and Michael Jackson is dead. This is less than 6 hours after Farrah Fawcett died this morning. This is the most insane day! Whatever about MJ and the controversy. He is the greatest entertainer, our generations Elvis.

The last time I watched this amount about Michael Jackson was in June 2005. I was at home in my parents sitting room chatting on the phone with my friend. She died a month later and I always referred to that time as That Time MJ was on Sky Forever. He really was the last of the classic popstars. Crazy.
I really bet Farrah and MJ`s souls are just floating around the place, relieved!

OK.



I`m writing a Memoir about my life. I`m 22, have an amazing life, have half a degree, amazing friends, a groovy apartment in Dublin City - and also happen to have Cystic Fibrosis.
In 2005 I started writing about CF patients rights in The Irish Times and have been campaigning ever since for equality for people with Cystic Fibrosis in Ireland. If you want to read about it it`s here :


In 2007 I was offered a book deal to write my life story with CF, but I was 19 and my life is not all about CF. So I decided to hang tight and get busy living, which I`m still doing- but CF is still a major part of it because a. I live with it every day and b. Mostly, because of the governments blaze approach towards anything to do with CF in Ireland - even though we have the highest instance of it in the world.

I`m just an ordinary person like anyone else, with a lot of different elements to my life. I have a massive love for music, a love of quirky fashion. I have a passion for informing people about cystic fibrosis, I think there are so many aspects of it that are unexplained and under explored for people emotionally and medically. I want to write about my experience with that. There are also at least a dozen other stories I`m going to write too, that have nothing to do with CF. I just love people and all our crazy intricacies. I also have a weird love for therapeutic cooking, shopping and hanging out by the sea. (Love the fresh air!)

If 300 people wrote about CF each book would be so different. So forgetting the CF, my book is just about life, growing up, dealing with friendship, challenges, the absolute drag it can be going through the teenage years- and all the unexpected moments, and fun that can happen too. I`ll be updating this every few days, so check in!

No comments:

Post a Comment